Blueberry & Cream Cheese Crapes
• ½ lb. cream cheese, softened
• 1 tbsp sugar
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 tbsp whipping cream
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp flour
• 1 tbsp brandy
• ¼ tsp vanilla extract
• 2 cups blueberries
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 tsp grated orange peel
• pinch of cinnamon
• ¼ cup Magnotta 2007 Vidal Icewine Niagara Peninsula Limited Edition VQA
• Beat cream cheese until fluffy; add 1 cup of water, stir in sugar and salt.
• Add whipping cream, beat mixture until soft. Stir in eggs a little at a time.
• Add flour, brandy and vanilla; blend until batter is smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
• Wipe 6-inch non-stick pan with 2 tsp butter, heat at medium. Spoon 2 tsp batter and cook crêpe about 30 seconds (edge of crêpe will be slightly brown). Makes 8 crêpes. Cover and keep warm in oven.
• In a blender or food processor, purée 1/2 cup blueberries. Set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve sugar in 1 cup water, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low.
• Stir in purée, orange peel, cinnamon and Icewine, bring to simmer. Add remaining blueberries, stir about 2 minutes.
• Set aside to steep for about 5 minutes. Spoon berries on pale side of each crêpe, fold crêpe, overlapping two edges slightly at middle. Garnish with fresh berries of your choice.